Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Image?

Was chatting with a friend yesterday, and she brought up something which got me thinking..

I guess, once upon a time, I decided to project a certain image, and it kinda got stuck. And I did some thinking, do I project different images to different groups of people? e.g. display professionalism at work, while displaying a more carefree attitude to fun loving friends, or displaying a more reserved front to more serious friends?

Maybe, maybe not..

Do others behave the same way? This might be a possible reason why its difficult to know a person, cos you'll only see one front, most of the time anyway.

Pensive Monday..

breathe..

7 Comments:

Blogger nadnut said...

everyone portrays a diff image.

the nadia you see at work (for me) is different from the nadnut on her blog and also on the bar.

im sure pensivetabby is different from A.Koh. :)

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have masks.. It's a way to protect ourselves from getting hurt too..

Hee hee.. i think pt is facing an identity crisis..

12:29 PM  
Blogger PensiveTabby said...

nad> actually PT is quite similar to A.Koh already. PT has many faces, while A.Koh only shows some to the world.. :)

sunshine> ya, i guess you have a point there about the masks. Identity crisis? ya, sometimes i think i'm a cat. I mew to cats I meet on the streets.. serious.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agreed with you.. we all wear maskes for different masks for different situation.

Nothing wrong, just tat ppl are judgemental. So inapporiate masks with different ppl can get u raised brows.

3:43 PM  
Blogger KingMeng said...

I usually put on my serious-face at work. Imagine me crapping to my boss within the 1st mth of my job....I'll be doomed for unemployment.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If my boss sees the CG at work, he'll surely freak out!!

It's natural and human nature...
You'll always be my no 1 in my yan dao list!!!

12:35 AM  
Blogger PensiveTabby said...

YounG> nicely said. 一针见血。

winter> i only think once in a blue moon la.. heehee

KM> you dun crap at all leh.. or maybe i havent seen it yet. wait, that sounds so wrong!

CG> awww.. so sweet of you. :D

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home