Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Child-sex tourism

Read this post off a link from Ondine's. I can feel the author's feelings on this issue, and I feel she has reached out and touched my mind.(This doesnt mean I'm one of the pervs she mentioned).

Sad, cos of the plight of the children and their families.
Angry, cos of the demented-ness of men.
Helpless, can I do something to make a difference?
Thankful, for the children living in Singapore.
Exasperated, that there are families out there who are so poor to have to resort to sell their daughters.
Hopeful, that things will turn around for them.

I'm left wondering, that the children around us, or even the adults, do they know how fortunate they are?

1 Comments:

Blogger Threez said...

Hi there, I am the writer of the child sex trade blog. If you want to DO something, you can:
1. Support the WMD Pink T-shirt Drive, coming up in the media soon. 8 famous women who support this cause will be wearing our T-shirt to encourage sales. Net proceeds go to UNIFEM to fund shelters that help these women and children.
2. Do register on my website www.wmdfest.org. WMD has received quite a number of responses from women (and a couple of guys) who really want to get hands-on involved and we are working out trips to these shelters, and also training programs for these rescued ones. We will be keeping our mailing list members abreast of issues.
3. Do you know Jack Neo? I need to talk to Jack Neo. We gotta start getting men involved. They're the ones with the power to move other men.

Thanks for your response!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home