Thursday, September 22, 2005

A trip down the cold corridors

I dread walking down those hallways.

So cold.
So lonely.
So quiet.
So sad.

What a apt prelude to the destination...

The destination:

Tears.
Helplessness.
Consolation.
Pain.
Suffering.
Grief.

=========================================

I dread going to hospitals. My last visit there, was to check for an abnormality, which thankfully is missing.

I like to think to think I'm strong mentally, but today I falter.

My friend's dad, is in critical condition. I regard her dad as my friend too, as he has helped me several times, and is a good man. And it pains me to know he is suffering like this.

My mind draws a blank. I dont know how to feel when I see Uncle, who's in a coma. I dont know what to say when I see Auntie.

Finally, I saw Auntie sitting outside the ward. Her face is wrought with grief, and sadness, and the lack of rest is evident of her pale cheeks.

... ....

Got the donation form for platelets, and proceeded to their Blood Donation Centre. A cold and quiet place.

<>

At the Blood Donation Bank, my fears of needles started acting up. I must have been very pale then. I dint dare to look at the nurse, when she inserted 2 needles into me(ouch). The process, albeit rather painless, was quite scary for me. Tried to do some long overdue reading, and time passed quicky.

Kelvin, if you are reading this, thanks for coming down to give me morale support.

When I left, it was raining.. Are the heavens sad as well??



P.S. Socks, if you ever read this, I just wanna tell you that, I hope Uncle will really pull thru this time. I dunno what to say to you, I dunno how to comfort you. I just know you must feel terrible inside, and I hope the sun is just behind the clouds. Take care. Be strong.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear.. Hope your friend's dad is fine.. GLad you had the courage to go through it..

4:20 PM  
Blogger PensiveTabby said...

Hi sunshine, Uncle in really bad shape, so I'm hoping he'll pull thru too..

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also hate visiting hospitals for the same reason. Esp if the person is quite ill. I hope your friend's dad will get better. I am sure you have been a great help to their family as well. Take care.

7:15 PM  
Blogger PensiveTabby said...

frenie> thanks for your kind words..

vanna> i hope so, its so difficult

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home