Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Visiting NUH

Walking over to NUH in a few minutes time, not to look for nurses to bio, but to go for a gastroscopy exam, on doctor's orders.

Hope they dont find anything life threatening.. '*.*

More later...

UPDATE:

Doctor dint find anything cancerous and stuff(phew). For a moment, I thought I was going to die young. Does it make me appreciate life more? I should, but I'm in the doldrums now. A little stressed about everything.

Both the doctor and my supervisor(who went for a similar procedure years ago), praised me when they knew I could take the procedure without sedation. For the uninitiated, the doctor inserts a long tube(approx 1-1.5 inches thick), into your stomach, so he can view whatever is going on in there with the camera at the end of the tube. Trust me on this, it sucks. I was tearing towards the end of the procedure. Yup, thats how bad it is, if you can imagine.

Diagnosis was that I have gastritis, which I take as having too much stomach acid, and the presence of a certain bacteria is preventing my stomach from healing itself. So, I have to take some, or rather, quite a bit on anti-biotics and stuff to kill the bacteria. Due for a re-examination in a few day's time. I think its getting better, I dont feel bloated like I used to now.

Thats a relief. I've gotta watch the timing of my meals, especially during the weekends, when I sleep late, and skip breakfast altogether. Thats not good at all.

Flu also clearing up. Though I can still feel it lurking around the corner. Will drown it with lotsa water. Wahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home