Monday, July 11, 2005

Accident - Will you stop to help?

Went to JB over the weekend, to visit my mother-in-law.

On my way there, one of the roads which normally had smooth traffic, was jammed. After a while, I realised why.

There was an accident, involving a motorcyclist and a car, and there was an injured auntie stting by the roadside, whose head is covered in blood. Good thing is, she's still conscious. Theres this uncle who were beckoning to the passing traffic to slow down to help , but none did.

So when I passed by, I saw the extent of injuries of the auntie, and I winded down my side window and asked how I could help. The uncle asked me to help drive the auntie to the clinic, which I agreed, and proceeded to ask the location of the clinic(Me not too familar with JB, you ask me where to buy DVD I know, ask me where clinic is? Saya tidak tawu)

THOUGH I was thinking,"there goes my cushions"(my seats are . But I still stopped, and really wanted to help. A moment later, someone called out that an ambulance is on the way. I felt a little relieved, though I felt guilt stricken for harboring such selfish thoughts. So that bothered me for a long while.

So, although I did the right thing by stopping to help, I shouldnt have such selfish thoughts. Shall not be so selfish next time.

Bothered me to the extent, where Quill sustained another dent to her bumper while I was parking. Doh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm very impressed!

I always wished I could slow down to help people whose cars are broken down and all, but I come up with excuses..

8:35 PM  
Blogger PensiveTabby said...

Hiya!

Thanks for stopping by.

Well, you thought about slowing down, thats a start. One fine day, you will. :-)

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home