Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The NKF issue

So many people talking about the NKF issue, I just wanna record down my thoughts here.

For me, I dont mind the CEO taking such a high pay, as he deserves it for running such a (successful) organisation till it is today. Then, people will argue, what did he contribute? Without him, NKF can also get a lot of donations what. Fine, but other CEOs(of companies, rather than organisations), are also earning big bucks when their company loses $. So there.

But what I mind is, and i think is of utmost importance, is transparency. In an organisation, which solicits public funds, my stand is not to spend unnecessarily. Just buy/spend what is needed to achieve your purpose, if its using funds from the organisation.

Perhaps the most important point is, people are cancelling their donations now. However, are they just using this as an excuse to scale back on their donations? Are they donating the $ they stopped giving NKF, to other more worthy organisations, who are barely surviving?

I'm still keeping my $10 a month donation to NKF, if they can be transparent, else the monthly contribution is going to Women Make a Difference, or Cat Welfare Society. So there.

1 Comments:

Blogger None said...

yah i rather donate to the Cat welfare society...at least cats don't cheat $. :P

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home