Saturday, March 19, 2005

Why do you blog?

Often I see posts about how to increase the number of hits to your blog, which made me wonder, why does one blog?

I think there are 2 camps to this:

i) From the blue corner, our dear neurotic teacher, Ondine. Her purpose(imho) is to document down what shes going through in life, so that 10 years down the road, she can look back at herself, and see what she has gone through, as each experience made her to who she is today.

ii) From the red corner, our Miss XX, whose blog generates revenue for her. Though it would be presumptous to say that she writes for the sole purpose of attracting interest to her blog, but I would say sometimes, she is under duress to blog about something which people would like to read about.

(Disclaimer : I dont mean they are fighting each other, like in a boxing ring, I thought it would be a novel way of introducing the 2 sides. heh)
For me, I'm more towards he blue corner. If they are readers, that will be a plus point of course :D.

I have written down my resolve in this blog(prev entry), and I shall succeed. I shall visit it again, on my 30th birthday, to show that I have succeeded. Till then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home