Monday, March 14, 2005

Interesting reads on the Sunday Times

Came across 2 interesting reads on the Sunday Times yesterday. They are on

1) How one should count your blessings, from Ms Chia(I dint bring the paper today, so I hope i dint get her name wrong), who learnt the real meaning of why one should count their blessings, after her successful fight with cancer.

Which made me wake up, and I decided to really really appreciate life more, by being more positive, and less negative, to be mindful of the good things that are happening all around me all the time, instead of harping on the unhappy ones. From this day on, I shall record down at least 1 blessing everyday, to show how life is wonderful. :)


2) How Singaporeans are fond of making themselves upset/depressed angry from Mr Colin Goh, founder of the most interesting site TalkingCock.Com :D

He illustrates this by saying how Singaporean drivers curse and and swear at someone who swerved into their lane, even though the person "under curse" couldnt hear a damn thing.(so true)

And how many people lament that they have studied for a course they have 0 interest in, and thus stuck in a job where they have absolutely no passion for. And when they are asked, 'Why do you choose it in the first place?', their answer is,'Cos so-and-so said it is good for me.'.

Hmm, this used to describe the 'old' me to a certain extent, just that I knew what I was doing when I first chose the course to read in NTU. For my case, I overestimated something, which made me miss a crucial step to where I wanted to go. Hence, I am where I am now.

Another interesting thing about the above example is, that when people encounter some difficulties/unfortunate events, they blame everyone, except themselves. Few notice this, but I can see it everywhere. I fall victim to this some of the time, but I'm definitely on the 'road to recovery. ;-)

I'm reading a book on how thoughts could transform your life. It titled "Think and Grow Rich". I found this book familiar when my friend sent to me. It was until I printed it, and another colleague saw me collecting the printout, before remarking that he has actually lent it to me before. I muse at how Fate has brought me a second chance to read the book, and I shall really read it seriuosly this time.(The prev time i read it, I just sped-read through it without digesting it, just because I could). :p How egoistic of me then. Heh.

Still on the subject of the book, it occured to me, that I have actually used the power of my mind before, that was the period when I courted my wife, who was my colleague then. Despite all the difficulties(trust me, these will put a normal man off), I knew what I wanted, and eventually I have a wonderful wife. :)

I shall use it again, to prove that I have what it takes, to reach where I want to, to reap what I sow.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
Blessing for the day:
My cat has recovered from flu! :)
+++++++++++++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home