Monday, June 04, 2007

Not all quotations are good..

I read this off my office pantry wall:

true happiness involves the full use of one's powers and talents. - John W Gardner

I first felt a bit pissed off at this. True happiness is much more innocent than that, and the quote above feels you have to wrestle a behemoth to achieve it.

IMO, to be happy, you just have to release yourself, in ways more than 1.

I dun fault Mr Gardner for his quotation, he just have a different take to life than me, thats all right.. But it just shows, not all quotations are good, its just something you pluck out to support/justify/motivate you at certain points in life.

Some1 invariably pops into mind.

Edit:
I found the complete quote, sounds a lot better.

Storybook happiness involves every form of pleasant thumb-twiddling; true happiness involves the full use of one's powers and talents.
John W. Gardner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home